Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I do not blame the dead.

Please know that I do not blame the dead. I do not condone the actions of others. Being in Dallas this is a constant news story; as it should be. It's a great reminder that you do NOT drink and drive. My heart goes out to Jerry Brown and his family. They have stood by his best friend, and that says a lot. This story makes my heart heavy and sad. However, I think it is important to note that it is the responsibility of everyone to be responsible for themselves. I picture two best friends going out and having a good time with too much to drink, and making a horrible decision to get in a car. Josh Brent is carrying the load of driving a car that killed his best friend. I can not imagine the weight of sorrow he is carrying. THAT is a life sentence. My point is that there were two adults in the club that decided to get in a car after drinking. Unfortunately, the worst happened. Regardless of what happens in the courts, it is important for everyone to take note. This time of year, people can make bad decisions because they are celebrating. I think it is important for everyone to remember they are responsible for themselves. Think ahead. Make prearrangements. Do not put yourself at the mercy of another. Bad things happen to good people when they make bad decisions. Don't let this happen to you or the ones you love. It is not worth it.

3 comments: