Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sharks, Alligators, Zombies, OH MY!

When I my sister and I were kids, my parents always said they did not miss out on having boys. Mostly because we played sports, played at the creek, and weren't afraid to get dirty. We also had our princess side, but we were ok with a little dirt on our tiaras.

Well, I see this is very true for my little <ahem> princess She loves her dresses that spin, taking care of her babies (and other people's real babies), tea parties are a must, and just being down right fancy. You know pinky out when you're drinking your tea type of fancy. By the way, if you are not doing it right, she will call you out on it...you've been warned. However, this sweet, adorable princess with her little halo hovering just above her head, has developed a taste for all things disgusting! There are very few things that she is scared of, and she is very adventurous. She loves sharks, big roller coasters, zombies, blood and guts, as well as anything that will scare her Memaw. For example, when Memaw comes to watch her at gymnastics, Ry always makes sure she is watching when she is on the high bars and leaps from the bottom bar to the top. Mind you, this princess is 42 inches and 39 lbs soaking wet. Needless to say, the first couple times she did this I nearly sucked up the bench with my ass cheeks I was clinching so hard. Well, Memaw was the same way. Now, she has the act down. Ry does the bars, looks over to make sure we are watching, then leaps from one to another. After her dismount, she looks over very proudly shaking her head up and down with a big "I got you" grin. Then she runs over and says "scared you, didn't I?" <insert laugh here as she runs away>

She has also developed a love for sharks. My hubs showed her Jaws a few years ago. I would always get on to him because her being 3 made me think she was too young for this type of movie. Plus, truth be told, I can not stand the movie! Mostly because every single time it is on, my hubs turns it on. I'm pretty sure there is a channel dedicated to it. Being the genius that she is, she has determined that I am scared of the shark. Therefore, she now loves it. She even asked Santa Clause for a shark for Christmas so she could chase me around the house with it singing...dun, nun, nun, nun, nun. Nice, right?

Did I mention her new love of alligators? 
She could not wait to hold an alligator so she could scare Memaw!

Not only has she developed a love for scaring people and sharks to name a few, she has fallen head over heals for all things zombie. She loves Halloween time, and getting out to go see all the decorations at the store. The scarier, the better. She also loves to see people dressed up as zombies or monsters, and tries to scare them. Oddly enough, one of her best friends is the same way. Last time they were together, they came up with their own band called "The Disgusting Zombie Barf Brains." They had songs too. Once again asking Santa for Zombie Brains for Christmas. I just stood there and smiled, trying not to laugh to hard as Santa had no clue what to say. The follow up question was "Santa, how much do you make?" Thanks Uncle Eddie.

Stunned Santa doesn't know what to say to the princess.
A friend zombified her while were in Nola.
She was so excited to find a friend.





















So her latest fascination came at at MY expense. I had brain surgery when she was 4 weeks old. Fast forward to last year, I felt the slightest little bump near the spot the doctors drilled in. At first I didn't think too much about it, but then it seemed like it was getting bigger. I seriously thought I had a screw loose. I went for an MRI, and found out it was a cyst. I was so relieved. However, over the last year it grew big enough to bother me. So, naturally I went to see my doctor. I made an appointment to have that little sucker removed! Ryan got wind of this, and INSISTED I take her with me to get it taken care of. Well, how the hell do you say no to that? So I went out of my way to get her on the way to the appointment, and was even a few minutes late. She kept giggling saying the were going to "peel my head!" We get in, and the doctors access the "situation," and decides not to drain and/or remove it. Ryan was so disappointed. Until...the doctor asked her if she wanted to see them stick it with a needle 3 times and put steroids in it. Wait, WHAT? 

Well, the princess was happy again. She got right in there with the doctor and watched them inject steroids THREE times. She oohed and awed. Than began to giggle. I have high hopes for my girl. I'm quite proud of the fact that she loves icky stuff like that. She tells me that she wants to be a veterinarian  one day. So, I see these as good qualities. She also has a back up plan...she wants to play in a Zombie Rock Band with her BFF.

It's really something special to see all the sides of her personality start to form the person she is becoming. The good,  the scary, and the icky! I love my little non-traditional princess!

8 comments:

  1. That's good parenting right there.
    Hope her enthusiasm continues all through everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guap! I use to be very "uptight," but I've learned that it's much more fun following her lead. She's a funny little human!

      Delete
  2. Sucked the bench through your ass cheeks!!So funny! Glad to see she has so many sides to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does indeed have many sides that make up her personality. Goofball probably trumps them all. Keeps me on my toes!

      Delete
  3. I have one of those little dichotomies running around my house too! Ooh, a slug can I keep it? Holding out a disgusting, bloated, thing fully decked out in her Cinderella dress! Btw, I thought there was no way you were leaving NOLA without a baby alligator! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too. She's already asked for one. Had to reminder her we have 2 dog, 2 cats, and 2 frogs. It worked...for now. I'd love to get our princesses together again soon! Frogs and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my almost 8-year-old youngest daughter is afraid of NOTHING. she's this sweet little blond princess who loves blood, guts, scares, and screams,

    great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lance! Isn't amazing how you can have a little princess that isn't scared/afraid of anything? I love having an adventurous child...until she brings an alligator home.

    ReplyDelete