Saturday, February 16, 2013

V.M.C.P.C.

I was the new bartender trying to learn the ropes.

I was cramming all the info so I didn't look like a dope.

I made up funny saying to help me recall the ingredients.

Fifteen years later I can still recall one drink immediately.

Sex on the Beach...

Virgin
Monkeys
Chanting
Penis
Cramps



'KETCHUP WITH US' - PROMPT #12

In 57 words or less, tell us about the best drink you ever had. Recipes and pictures are encouraged. 


Sex on the Beach

Ingredients:

3/4 ounce Midori (Melon liqueur)
3/4 ounce vodka
3/4 ounce Chambord (Raspberry liqueur)
1 and 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
1 and 1/2 ounces cranberry Juice


Instructions:

Mix well and pour over ice.
Then enjoy like it's the 90's!



13 comments:

  1. That's great. I've never had.........never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Haven't had one of those in years, and mine never had a monkey on top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I've never had Sex on the Beach...the drink. Hehe.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about the good girls. ;) Love you Mel!

      Delete
  4. Me, either. It's always been the shot. I love the entry, I love the mnemonic device and I love the picture. Great link-up, Kari.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had it as a shot too, but it was a fun drink to have to remember. It was right when I started dating my hubs. We always chuckle when we think of this drink because he helped me to remember the drinks!

      Delete
  5. I live near the beach, and this is a very popular drink around here. Now, whenever I'm out, and I hear someone order this drink, I'm going to start laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgin
      Monkeys
      Chanting
      Penis
      Cramps

      You're welcome. ;)

      Delete
  6. And to think I thought sex on the beach was weird enough. You've gone and added a whole new layer of trauma to it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I do. It's not just sand in you crack anymore. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant figure out what I love more, the drink or saying the name! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try saying it while drinking one. That's a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete