Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Death - Trifecta Challenge

What do you want from me?

Why do I always feel you are lurking around the corner?

Waiting for me.

Trying to rob me of everything I have ever dreamt of.

My family.

My newborn baby girl.

You had your chance on October 17, 2006.

You did not win.

I fought you.

I won that day. My new family won that day.

You did not take my last breath then, but you tried.

I know there is no escape from you, Death.

However, you must wait.

I have things to do. A little girl to raise.

I know there's no escape from you.

But for now. . . you must wait.




This week's word is:

DEATH
1a : a permanent cessation of all vital functions : the end of life
  b : an instance of dying <a disease causing many deaths>
2a : the cause or occasion of loss of life <drinking was the death of him>
  b : a cause of ruin <the slander that was death to my character — Wilkie Collins>
3 capitalized : the destroyer of life represented usually as a skeleton with a scythe






14 comments:

  1. Ha! Putting Death in his place! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to think so. EVERY chance I get. :)

      Delete
  2. Great job. You have a lot to fight for! You go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dare I ask what six year anniversary is coming? Strong piece. Rage against the beast, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M. It's been 6 years since I had a stroke/blood clot/seizure after having my daughter. Just goes to show, you can't plan everything. But I can rage against the beast. or the machine. ;)

      Delete
  4. I like your fierceness and your determination in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like your description "fierceness." Grrrrr!

      Delete
  5. Man, Death better be very polite and proper when he comes around.
    And slow. He should be very slow too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you escaped him. Hopefully he won't be back for a very long time. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on beating him! Glad you're around to write! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. What a ride. Stay lucky. And blessed.

    ReplyDelete